cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Add Automatic Functionality to Convert Assumed References to Permanent References for Features Displaced by Other Features

danderson-3
11-Garnet

Add Automatic Functionality to Convert Assumed References to Permanent References for Features Displaced by Other Features

Please a command and function to automatically convert assumed missing references to permanent references for features displaced by other features.

Lets say you forget to add draft before placing a round. Now you insert before the round to add the draft and the references for the round become assumed (have a orange ball in front).

I would like to a right click command that would allow me to select all and or some of the assumed references in the dialog box and make them permanent references.

The system has an idea what references I want it to use, now I want to tell it yes go ahead and make those permanent references with out me having to re-route or reselecting them.

It would also be nice to have a global menu command to just make all assumed references permanent.

This is more of an issue starting with Creo 1.0 and later.

Thanks,

Don Anderson

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!
4 REPLIES 4

This is absolutely needed.

I only regret that I have but one vote to give.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
bmohapatra
5-Regular Member
(To:danderson-3)

I think if you'll use intended edges, this issue will not be there. I always try to use intended edge. Feature failure will reduce.

Bibhabasu,

The issue's more related to design intent changes driven more from manufacturing mold designers where one way the part was designed to be split one way to minimize part weight, but now they want to pull the surface with a slide which now forces it have draft added do to their gating requirements.

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Top Tags