cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

CREATE ILLUSTRATE 7 COPY / REVERSE STEPS

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

CREATE ILLUSTRATE 7 COPY / REVERSE STEPS

Hello to all,
I noticed that the command copy step (ctrl + C) within a sequence does not copy correctly the movements made in the original step.
The same goes for the invert step command.
Is it a bug or something wrong?

ty,
Matteo.

5 REPLIES 5
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Matteo_1987)

Can you give a little more info on what is missing in the copied/reversed step?

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone
(To:agarland)

The displacement is missing, the effects are maintained.

I attach video.

agarland
15-Moonstone

An auto alignment of part positioning happens when steps are reordered to prevent parts jumping position between steps. This auto alignment is applied after moving, copy/pasting, duplicating or reversing a step in a sequence and in some circumstances the result can be unexpected.

If you look at the location info for the keyframes of the fan blades in the duplicated step you will see that the location of the blades is set to be the same at the start and end of the step.

If you wanted to mirror the step to show the blades returning to their original position, you can mirror the tracks in the original step and then split the step in between the tracks. This will give you a mirrored version of the step.

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone
(To:agarland)

With previous versions 4.2 and 5.0 this was possible.

When I create a copy of the step it is precisely because I have to copy everything inside.

Including displacement.

Same thing for the invert step command which does not work and does not reverse the movement.

Otherwise what good would it do?

the reverse sequence command works correctly.

Why?

Ty

Matteo.

agarland
15-Moonstone

As I explained there is an auto alignment that takes place to avoid parts jumping about between steps, this is especially important when reordering steps within a sequence.

The reverse step command will also cause the auto align to happen which would explain why you are not getting the result you're expecting.

As you clearly have use cases that require the auto align to not happen when duplicating or reversing a step, can I suggest submitting an idea to the Creo Ideas site:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Addtl-Creo-Ideas-Creo-View/idb-p/creogeneralideas

We monitor the site for ideas related to Creo Illustrate.

Top Tags