cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Illustrate 2 Animation along custom path

cmeeds
1-Newbie

Creo Illustrate 2 Animation along custom path

Hi all.

I am currently animating the firing sequence of a colt auto handgun with the intention of using the same animation with different camera angles and configurations (cutaway etc.) to show different interactions during this cycle. This was going quite successfully up until I wanted to do a couple of things.

1. I have animated the spent case being ejected up to the point it is leaving the gun and want to animate the spent case for a second or two arcing away into space with a tumbling motion before fading it out. So far I can't see a way to do using the RECORD CONTENT method as there were no effects to show motions like 'wiggle' or 'oscillate' or ways to compound both the arcing and tumbling. For now I am simply doing it manually frame-by-frame adding a capture after manually guessing the distance and rotation.

Q. Is there something already in there I have missed?

2. As the gun contains many springs which compress and extend during this animation sequence, again I find no way of compressing/extending them dynamically with the RECORD CONTENT method.

Q. As springs are a very common way of moving or controlling mechanisms and in some form or another have appeared in all the assemblies I have animated, would PTC consider adding some basic effects or controls for setting up and animating them?

Q. Colleagues have mentioned that sometimes editing the model colours alone can still leave it looking a bit basic. Are PTC considering adding some sort of material rendering or texturing ability in the future?

On the plus side I am a great fan, this is a great package with some excellent features which in my case has taken the production of illustrations to the next level and beyond giving a great time saving and quality boost to almost all types of illustrations produced. It's so quick and easy to use and seems to be getting better features and abilities with each version. Keep up the good work PTC.

I have attached 3 files from this project which shows some of the things I am trying to achieve using Creo Illustrate.

Regards

Chris Meeds.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags