cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo View Library (search_path)

ptc-4476381
1-Newbie

Creo View Library (search_path)

Hello,

We're new at using Creo View.

The problem we have at this moment is that parts from outside the project folder will not show in Creo view.

Our ProEngineer (WF3) is configured with two search.pro files. One is for our library (search.pro) and the other is for retrieving parts from other projects (project_search.pro).

What can be done to also include the files from the library and other project folders into Creo View?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

I realize this posting is old, however incase you still need an answer or someone is also searching for this topic here is what I know:

There is no search.pro functionality for Creo View, all required files must exist in the same directory. This answer was given to me by PTC. There is an existing Enhancement Request under number 7313611.

I have also added this as a Product Idea, please vote it up so hopefully someday we can use this tool:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2272

Hello,

For now we create a product view file (extension .pvz). Packs the complete assembly into one file.

Regards.

Hi, Yes I think we'll have to do the same. I would like to avoid creating an extra file if possible and since Creo View says it can open native Creo files, I hope they will someday support this.

We are also hoping to use this in manufacturing, so it would be better if they can see only the files they need instead of stumbling through the whole assembly from the top.

You can automaticly save .pvz files when saving a product:

generate_viewable_on_save yes

Top Tags