cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo View Rep not showing date in correct format

Shaun_Hughes
9-Granite

Creo View Rep not showing date in correct format

We recently updated our drawing formats to show a date of issue, as well as the date of the revision. The problem I'm now running into is when the updated representation is created for Creo View, the date in the title block is showing the *entire* date, but the view in Creo shows the correct format. I've tried republishing several times, but keep getting the same result.

This is what I'm seeing when a new representation is created in Windchill.

longdate.png

This is what is shown in Creo, and what we're hoping to see in Creo View.

correctdate.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So apparently it was just a glitch in the visualizer when a part is Under Review. After the promotion process completed, and the system updated with a proper representation with a "Production" watermark per policy, the date updated properly.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Where are you pulling the dates from and what formatting are you applying to dates?

If pulling from Windchill, how are you reformatting the date?

There is a config.pro setting for date format. Is it the same on your workstation and the publishing machine?

The dates are pulling from the model, and the formatting is supposed to be pulling from Creo. As part of our updates, I've had users modify their config.pro to properly format things, using 

date_type_parameter_format %yyyy%MMM%dd
todays_date_note_format %yyyy%MMM%dd

The "todays_date" is formatted properly, and appears to be working just fine. I thought I had updated the publishing machine configs as well after it was brought to my attention

I've also updated the config.pro in both the Creo install and Creo View folders on the publishing server. Doesn't change anything.

what happens if you open the drawing in creo parametric and do save as PVZ to have the client create the croe view file?  Make sure you can create a good creo view file before trying to diagnose the windchill worker configuration...

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Yes, check config.pro for user and on publisher. 

Also is that attribute coming in from the model?  If so, the attribute may need designated so it goes into Windchill.

It should be designated already, we're using 

PTC_WM_CREATED_ON

PTC_WM_MODIFIED_ON

in the format, and added those lines to the config to hopefully get the system to format them correctly.

So apparently it was just a glitch in the visualizer when a part is Under Review. After the promotion process completed, and the system updated with a proper representation with a "Production" watermark per policy, the date updated properly.

Thanks for the help!

Top Tags