cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CreoView on iPad?

mbraaten
7-Bedrock

CreoView on iPad?

It was wonderful to see the live demo of the Creo View for iPad app at PlanetPTC in June of this year. There was a lot of excitement and applause during that demo. However, we are almost at the end of this year and there ha been no update on the progress of this application. Meanwhile, many other companies are releasing iOS apps for CAD creation, viewing and interrogation. AutoCAD WS, Inventor Publisher Mobile, Design Review mobile, Turbo Viewer, vueCAD, iRhino 3D, TurboViewer Pro, iXVL View... In fact, 30 apps for the iPad show up when you search "CAD Viewer." So where is PTC? I kills me to see them missing the boat again. If you need help testing, please ask the user community! If you are waiting for Apple to review the app, at least let us know. No new is not good news in this case!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Creo View standalone Mobile App has just been released, just search for "Creo View" in the iTunes App Store.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Some discussion on this topic can be found here:

http://creo.ptc.com/2011/02/11/creo-on-your-apple-the-unofficial-answer/

and here:

Creo 2.0 will launch in March of 2012 and you’ll see two more (yet to be announced) apps and, more than likely, Mac OS X support and an iPad app. After this, the PTC Creo apps will slip into an annual release schedule.

http://www.solidsmack.com/cad/ptc-creo-apps-price-mac/

It's May and I still haven't heard anything about Creo Vew on iPad... Anyone else?

Yes and no. PTC did release a Windchill app on iPad, and the app does include viewer functionality, but it's very basic at this point. You can spin shaded models and "shake to explode" like they demonstrated at PLANETPTC last year.

The app is free to install and it does come with a demo database so you can play around with it, but but you'll need Windchill 10.1 on your servers and pay extra licensing to run the mobile app with your data.

Brian Geary

http://windchill101.com

Thanks Brian. I was hoping they would release the stand alone app. Several other companies have apps that will read in PTC files. I guess there just wasn't a clear enough revenue stream to justify releasing the stand alone app.

Last week at PlanetPTC, Madhavi Ramesh from PTC announced that they are releasing a standalone CreoView for the iPad! She didn't give a timeframe, but did show a live demo of the app so it should be released soon. There was no discussion about price or how they plan to license the app, but it will be integrated with DropBox.

Brian Geary

Windchill101.com

I passed Madhavi in the hallway and she mentioned they were looking to release the Creo View Mobile App in the next month or so. I couldn't squeeze a hard date out of her unfortunately.

Good News!! Thanks for the update Dan!

Thanks for trying Dan.

I spoke to Madhavi several times at the Orlando event. Many people asked her about the mobile app. We're waiting patiently for it!

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:mbraaten)

So, has anybody heard if it made it to the iPad yet?

mbraaten
7-Bedrock
(To:JoshH)

Not yet... The closest thing we have seen is the viewer in the iPad Windchill app.

Meanwhile, the competition is working on improving their apps... To bad! It sure would make it easier to demonstrate why there is a need to start talking about MBE (model based enterprise).

I keep hearing that is will be out soon... I guess it depends on what your interpretation of soon is... I wonder if PTC thinks that it's customers have lost interest in an iPad app.

We are very close to releasing Creo View Mobile App. I expect the App to become available in the next week or so... I'll let you know once it's in the Appstore.

That's wonderful news!!!! Thank you for your hard work!!

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:mramesh)

Thanks for the update Madhavi!

It's really great to see PTC folks responding in the forums

Hi Madhavi,

Thanks for the constant updates. Do you maybe have a hard release date?

Regards

The Creo View standalone Mobile App has just been released, just search for "Creo View" in the iTunes App Store.

Creo View app seems to be working great! AWESOME WORK!

Just wondering how we can use it... Using the Creoview:/// links only seems to work for the demo files published... Getting an FBA 200 error if I put the same file on an intranet site without any access control mechanism!

Is there a support for this tool? It would be great to let various groups access this rich data on a mobile device.

Can anyone tell me if Markups are available in the CreoView app? This would be great for checking and red lining drawings/models.

The free Creo View Mobile App is only able to open downloaded PVZ files on the device.

The Windchill Mobile App also provides limited Creo View viewer capabilities for Windchill content.

No support for Markups currently.

Refer to Article CS97870.

Can I export PVZ files from Creo Elements Direct to view in the Creo View Mobile App? If so, how?

In 18.1 you can. It is just one of the file types you can choose when you save.

I'm using 18.1 M010 and PVZ is not a file type option when saving.

I am on 18.1 M020 but I am sure it was there with M010. Don't remember doing anything special to get this option.

10-18-2012+3-40-07+PM.png

Ok got it now. I had to add the Creo View MCAD data interface to the modules activated at startup. Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for your reply Gary.

Top Tags