cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Drafted surface ID conservation(management).

vchanine
1-Newbie

Drafted surface ID conservation(management).

When I draft surface its ID is changed after this. What does happen after this? Every operation that I do whith drafted surface now depends on this new surface ID. If I delete draft operation in history automatically some children operation is deleleted. For me it can be prevented by ID conservation. I understand that compatibility with previos versions can be compromised so my proposal is to introduce it as switch option in configuration or manage it directly with kernel. In this way only user mange it. It could be a good thing to keep the same algorythm for all geometry.

Another problem is , after removing from extrude sketch of some segment (arc, line ...) Draft feature (that include surface created with deleted segment) disappear.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

In my mind, consistency is more important.  One of the things that makes Proe / Creo a robust modeler is the consistent treatment of surface and edge IDs.  In this situation I can see an argument both ways, that this is a new surface or that it is a manipulation of an old one.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Creo is not robust enough to be called "robust". It is worst programm that I used in last 15 years. I am trying to improve this program otherwise in June we will pass to other software. Collaborating we can change it.

Interesting, I've worked with Proe / Creo for 17 years and I can bend geometry to my will and repeatedly change and manipulate it.  It responds predictably and reliably.  I haven't used many other packages, but I have maybe 7 years of SW under my belt and I've never been able to do the same with it.  Refeerences don't stick and IDs are too fluid. 

Back to the question at hand, my repsonse still stands.  Consistancy in geometry ID treatment is more important than optimizing one particular work flow.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I worked with I-Deas (from v.8) and Unigraphics( from ver5). I insist with collaboration. I see an opportunity to do something valuable together.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:vchanine)

I have to side with Valery.  I've worked with Pro/E for 20 years and robust is the last word I'd use to describe surfacing.  All other software packages do it better.

The surface id is one of the biggest sources of failures/frustration.  Surface modelling in Pro/E makes the entire model fragile and completely useless if you need to make one small change exactly because the anything that that is downstream of a surface function is at the whim of the id.

Top Tags