Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more!
I have a 2d graphic that i traced in IsoDraw, created polylines and filled grouped together. Is there a way to change the perspective of the 2d graphic to say show it installed on a door that is using the "basic" isometric view in IsoDraw?
Dan, your results may vary but try this.
(I'm thinking along the lines of placing a racing number or a logo on a door or perhaps a handle)
Recommend you set a new layer in your workspace and move the content you wish to project onto that layer.
Activate the new layer (lock the door layer)
- group what you want to project onto the door in the new layer
- you indicated the door is isometric so I assume the isometric grid is on.
- drag a an ellipse (any size) over the door in the new layer and set it to No Pen
- Activate your projection tool and drag the group over the ellipse until it highlights and let go.
Most likely it is not rotated correctly
- Select the rotation tool and shift+click on the group
- I typically put a value of 5 degrees in the box and hit okay
- Select CTRL+T multiple times until you get rotated as you wish.
- Scale as desired.
If you have not worked with the various projections in IsoDraw, It's worth some time.