cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

JAVA API

ptc-6306282
6-Contributor

JAVA API

Sample Code:

I'm looking for some sample code written in JAVA 1.7 to interface to schematics. I want to update a parameter

on an artifact that I have in the schematics using JAVA. There are really no examples to follow. I would be happy with the standard "Hello World" code just to see if I could get the code to work through the gateway interface.

1 REPLY 1
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-6306282)

Have you looked at the Java samples that come with Schematics. 

Hello World would be covered in a standard Java course other than that the results are displayed in a standard output in a command window.  Schematics' API has commands to write to text windows in Schematics. 

We just had Martin from CeDel Solutions (https://www.cedelsolutions.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/) present a class on how to write Java to a number of our users and programmers.  We had him teach several topics:  Basic Java, Schematics Java API (documented in a PDF file in your Schematics installation), and code that he previously wrote for us along with help on a current project that we are writing.

Top Tags