cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Middle mouse button to complete a sketch

ptc-255508
1-Newbie

Middle mouse button to complete a sketch

It seems a little thing but the ability to complete sketch entitiies and return to the select tool, to complete features, to activate the OK button on most pop up windows, etc. all using the middle mouse button is a massive advantage in efficient workflow and productivity - use Solidworks for a bit and you notice the increased mouse travel.

Completing a sketch though is a significant ommision from the list - you still have to directly pick the pick the green tick.

If the middle mouse button also completed a sketch this would complete the set beautifully!

1 REPLY 1

I think the problem here is that MMB is used within the sketch to place dimensions and exit out of other commands, making it difficult to use it to exit a sketch.

However, I do agree that the MMB is a huge productivity enhancement that is inconsistently applied.  More consistent application would be beneficial.  You may want to check out my idea on that here:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2422

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags