cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Migrating an old design to Central catalog? Finding duplicate datatables

PetePickettII
12-Amethyst

Migrating an old design to Central catalog? Finding duplicate datatables

When i set up my old design to call the central catalog i get a bunch of errors wanting to rename datatables.  I would rather them use the datatables from the central catalog.   How can this be avoided?   Ive updated the datatables manually in the design to what i put in the central catalog but i still see that it's throwing an error as a duplicate.  I would like a streamlined import.   are there other toggles i can do to streamline the datatables.

If we are forced to rename them can PTC give us a way to rename them all quickly with a formula (similar to renaming in a Creo assy)

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

my suggestion ... ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

I'm assuming your old design was NOT created using any central catalog. At some point you switched from a standalone template (the entire library being contained within each design) to using a Central Catalog. Is that right?

thanks!

-Brian

Yup! you guessed it!  it was a pre-central catalog design!

Anyone have a best practices here?   ive got some really old RSD designs that need to be migrated and id rather not duplicate datatables and blocks if i can help it.

Top Tags