cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Opening a c3di creates all annotations to show up

Mr_Karas
4-Participant

Opening a c3di creates all annotations to show up

We are working from a Parts List in Windchill,  which creates a c3di file. When we Update Illustration and open the c3di file in Illustrate, every part that has an Item Number will have an annotation applied to it. So if I have 50 parts in the model, all of the parts will have an annotation when it is first opened. Also, when I make a new Figure, it does the same thing. It does this every time you open the c3di file whether it was saved like that or not.
Is there a command that tells Illustrate to automatically populate every Item Number by default in some config file somewhere? I tried looking but I couldn't find anything.

Windchill 11.1

Illustrate 6.0

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Mr_Karas)

The callouts are generated automatically for new and updated figures, there is currently no way to control whether the callouts are created for all itemised parts.  

I would suggest submitting an idea to the Creo Ideas site if there is an enhancement to this behaviour you would like to see:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Addtl-Creo-Ideas-Creo-View/idb-p/creogeneralideas

We monitor the site for ideas related to Creo Illustrate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Mr_Karas)

The callouts are generated automatically for new and updated figures, there is currently no way to control whether the callouts are created for all itemised parts.  

I would suggest submitting an idea to the Creo Ideas site if there is an enhancement to this behaviour you would like to see:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Addtl-Creo-Ideas-Creo-View/idb-p/creogeneralideas

We monitor the site for ideas related to Creo Illustrate.

Top Tags