cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Publishing illustrations from Creo Illustrate to Windchill

MarcinGorecki
5-Regular Member

Publishing illustrations from Creo Illustrate to Windchill

Hi,

I've connected Creo Illustrate 6.0 to Windchill using direct connection (WGM is no longer supported). I can open files from Windchill and create new figures, but I cannot find a way to save the resulting illustrations back to Windchill. When I try to publish to Windchill location I'm getting "Publishing to a server location is not supported" error message.

What is the best way to save the illustrations (cgm, pvz and png) back to Windchill? Ideally I would like to maintain the tractability to original part using describe link as well.

Thank you,

Marcin Gorecki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The bmp & cgm files will be saved  in the pvz file, the same as if you did a local publish.

If you open the pvz file in creo view you should see all the files listed under viewables.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

To save back to windchill you just do a save, this will check the file into windchill & iterate the c3di.

The file is then checked back out so you can continue to work on it, when you have finished all changes you save the file and then just exit as normal.

A publish is done automatically in check in.

If you look at the background operations tab in the lower data panel when you save this will show you the progress of the publish and upload operations.

Hope this helps.

MarcinGorecki
5-Regular Member
(To:agarland)

Hi,

Is there any specific configuration required to save the other types of images? When I save the c3di I get two windchill objects - one for c3di and one for PVZ, but I don't see the representations for each figure defined in the c3di and related CGM, 2d and pvz files. 

The background operations tab shows the illustration being uploaded and publish to PVZ completed as well, but separate illustrations aren't saved. The Windchill Publishing Job Monitor generates visualizations for those two files, but doesn't generate the images either.

Please see the screenshot showing publishing configuration I did in Illustrate. What am I missing?

Thank you!

Marcin Gorecki

The bmp & cgm files will be saved  in the pvz file, the same as if you did a local publish.

If you open the pvz file in creo view you should see all the files listed under viewables.

MarcinGorecki
5-Regular Member
(To:agarland)

Thank you very much, that makes sense now. 

I was able to add this PVZ file as graphics inside Arbortext Editor and I see a drop down menu allowing me to switch between illustrations. 

Top Tags