cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

VISUALIZATION OF COMBINED STATES CREO VIEW 6.0

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

VISUALIZATION OF COMBINED STATES CREO VIEW 6.0

Hello to all,

I am trying to export a Creo Parametric assembly to pvz which contains annotations both at the assembly and part level.

I noticed that if I save the annotations in combined states they are exported to pvz and I display them in Creo View 6.0.

However, the combined states of the assembly are exported by themselves, but not the parts.

Is there any chance to do this?

Thank you,

Matteo.

7 REPLIES 7
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:Matteo_1987)

Translation in English: 

===============================

Hello to all,

I am trying to export a Creo Parametric assembly to pvz which contains annotations both at the assembly level and at the part level.

I noticed that if I save the annotations in combined states they are exported to pvz and I display them in Creo View 6.0.

However, only the combined states of the assembly are exported, but not the parts.

Is there any chance to do this?

Thank you,

Matteo.

================================

vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite

Annotations owned by root & all child component are converted always. Where as conversion of view states (Combined State) is supported for root level component only. Child component's view state conversion is not support. 

SasMoe
6-Contributor

Hello to all,

when opening . prt files directly in Creo View, it is possible to display the Combined States without exporting from Creo Parametric via . pvs files?

Is there a . rcp file that is attracted when I open Creo Parametric files directly in Creo View?

. pvs files.

Thank you,
Sascha
Sascha Möller
B&W Software GmbH
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:SasMoe)

Direct loading of Creo Parametric file (part\assembly) does load only graphical content of Creo File. It does not support conversion & viewing of Combined States. 

To convert Combined States from Creo Parametric to Creo View format:

• From Creo Parametric call File -> SaveAs -> Creo View (PVZ). 
  • Or use Creo View Adapter for Creo Parametric and export using Publish or Batch mode. 

However, I have not found a way to export the combined states within a part.

As I said in the first place only those of the assembly are exported.

Matteo.
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite

HI Matteo

Please do refer article : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS286532 

which explains few recipe option changes for exporting view state.

Save As to PVZ or Export using Creo View Adapter does not support conversion of combined state of child parts while publishing assembly.

To achieve this,  you need to open parts separately and save its PVZ. 

Hope this helps

Thanks, I was already using this method.

What I would have liked is for the parts within the assembly to keep their states combined.

Thanks anyway,

Matteo.

Top Tags