cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Weird symbol issue hanging publishing

TomM
12-Amethyst

Weird symbol issue hanging publishing

Hi.

Whenever I think I've found all the workarounds with Illustrate I stumble upon new weird issues.

This time in a certain c3di file I couldn't get the publish to work. It would start the worker and hang at 0% indefinitely. After several hours of investigation I found out that one specific symbol that I added as a tool is the culprit. Its .ol representation is attached below.

Here's the weirdest part - it prevents worker from publishing only when you assign a colour to one or more of its surfaces! Otherwise it works - you can leave it as is and it won't break the worker and you can assign a single colour to the whole symbol and it still works. But as soon as you change a colour of one of it's surfaces it breaks. So it begs the question - WHY??

I thought it could've been the issue with exporting the file so I did the whole process again - nope. It works the same way.

I have a bunch of similar items, basically the same geometry, same designer, same software, just different dimensions. I tried just one of them as of now and it doesn't experience this issue. 

I have a lot of symbols with much more complicated geometry and none shows any signs of this issue.

Did anyone experience such issue in the past or does it work with your Illustrate? I'm on 7.0 release.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags