cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Parametric and Simlink coupled simulations

Z-Nik
2-Guest

Creo Parametric and Simlink coupled simulations

Hello,

I am looking for a way to run coupled simulation with Creo Parametric and Matlab Simulink. Does anyone know if anything like that is possible?

I tried the approach with Simscape Multibody Link plug-in and it didn't work in my case as contact and some other forces (e.g springs) were not imported.

Thank you in advance!

-Nikita

4 REPLIES 4
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:Z-Nik)

Hi, I too wonder whether is possible. Or if there is another software. It would be nice if also PTC will have its own advanced simulation platform.

"...It would be nice if also PTC will have its own advanced simulation platform...."

???

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:skunks)

Interesting.
Do you have any works, any videos or presentations to share with us?
Something that shows how information flow through these environments?

Anyway I meant something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgzDSGGwlg

Another example of how Simcenter 3D supports systems-level modeling is in the area of co-simulation of mechanical systems with controls. Controls engineers need good models of the mechanical system in order to test out their control algorithms. Conversely, mechanical engineers need the ability to

I think the request is to have capability of automation with standard text input and output decks - for coupled simulations from a third party.
Simulink is a manager for coupled simulations. To it Creo would be a third party simulation solver.

A close equivalent in CREO is called behavioral modelling which can account for CAD variables and internal and external solvers like Mathcad, (matlab competitor). Excel, Creo Mechanism dynamics, and Creo FEA.
Creo behavioral modelling (in Design Study section on ribbon) can perform feasibility, optimization, statistical and multi-objective designs studies (design of experiments).

Also, the inputs and outputs of CREO simulate can be ASCII text based, so with some programming skills, this might be used in third party design study managers and/or coupled simulation.
Creo also has an API license that you can use to automate it with using common programming languages. (Last I knew the API license costs similar to an Creo Engineer III license)
For comparison Altair Hyperstudy is also a design of experiments - generic solver connection software.
Also coupled simulations are done using Python scripts for some solver systems.
Coupled simulation example: For instance an electrical resistive heating simulation coupled to thermal simulation. For this each time step is converged with a loop between the two simulations. The thermal result affects the resistance of the conductors and therefore the watts produced which then affects the thermal result. This is of course assuming separate solvers, indeed some solvers can account for both at once - CFDesign from Autodesk for one.
Top Tags