cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is it possible to create a parametric for model automatically?

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Is it possible to create a parametric for model automatically?

Hi!

I have thousands parts in a assembly,and I need to create drawing of the appropriate part.I have no ability to finish the works in one day.So I need a function that when I create a drawing,the appropriate part will be added a parametric record (called "drw" or other)and I will use search tool to find which part has no the parametric.so that I will know how many parts will be left over. If it possible,Please see the below picture123.jpgThanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:bduncan)

If you want the value of the parameter to be updated "manually", just create a parameter of the type "Yes No" with default value "No".

Relations_2014-09-10_20-39-02.png

Now create a mapkey to change this value to "YES", Save the mapkey.

I think you have a mapkey for creating a drawing with the same name of active model, just include the new mapkey in the beginning, using nesting technique for example.

This way each time you create a new drawing, the value or the parameter is updated.

Now, if you want Creo to check dynamically if a drawing exists for that model, I think you will need Toolkit or Jlink.

Cheers

Jose

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:Jose_Costa)

Thanks for your reply quicky."I think you have a mapkey for creating a drawing with the same name of active model,"Yes,l have used the mapkey that you provide called "new_drw.exe"http://communities.ptc.com/message/228370#228370 Now it seems I had to create the parameter manually.Thanks!

Top Tags