cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Use of computed measure in Mechanica WF4

ptc-3175650
1-Newbie

Use of computed measure in Mechanica WF4

HI, I have defined simulation measures to measure strain on two sides of a beam. Now I want to take the average on three tension side measures and subtract the corresponding (absolute)values from the compression side to run an optimization study on the beam using minimum difference between tension and compression strain as the optimization variable. Example: New measure = (T1+T2+T3)/3 - (C1+C2+C3)/3 I can find my simulation measures in the "Variables" window but I can´t seem to get the expression right. See attached picture. What is the correct syntax for writing expressions? Examples would be a great help! BR John
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I found out what the problem was: I had numbered my simulation measures to get them presented in a certain order. I had also used "-" in the similation measure name. Both these things made my expressions fail. After changing the simulation measure names from 020_4220366826_D_M0-5 to A020_4220366826_D_M05 it now works. //J
Top Tags