cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

x-sections

346gnu
12-Amethyst

x-sections

In WF4/5 setting a cross section active in Pro/E meant that it could be seen/used in Mechanica.

This was useful, example defining contact regions on concentric internal components, picking the surfaces was less confusing.

I know we can use 'hide' but in some circumstances it is not as good.

How can we see x-sections in Creo Simulate?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Charles,

It used to be you could get out of Simulate/Mechanica to control cross sections then go back into Simulate/Mechanica to finish your work. Wish they would give us full control of cross section in Mechanica/Simulate. Something I have been wanting for a long time.

I have a produdct enhancement request here:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/3605

Don Anderson

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:danderson)

Don,

Full control in Simulate would be great!

I was moderately happy with what we had in WF4/5 despite having to go back and forth.

I guess that you have looked and found x-secs missing completely in Creo Simulate?

I couldn't get your link to work, though don't we know have to start one of these 'polls' now?

Charles

Charles,

Do a search for
Add ability to Turn On/Off existing model/assembly Cross Sections along with creating them in Simulate / Mechanica

This is a product idea that is open for voting

You are correct, going from wildfire 4 to Creo 2 it looks like we have lost some functionality.

Top Tags