cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

3D file opening

ptc-2209550
1-Newbie

3D file opening

Is there a way to tell CadProcess to open a 3D drawing (an IGES file for example), in Wireframe instead of RENDERING as per default?

I could see that opening a drawing in that way, speeds up the opening from 20 to 35%.

Many thanx

Flavio

4 REPLIES 4

You should be able to do this by going to Edit | Preferences and then scrolling to the '3D Options' portion of the window. Then click on the '3D Options...' button and choose what type of view you'd like to start with.

Nope, that's the way Isodraw convert the 3D files into an Isodraw file. I am talking about the way Isodraw diplay the image on the screen.

Rendering.jpg

I meant Rendering instead of Wireframe.

Flavio

I don't see a way to set that. The closest I've come is to have a simple, two line macro. Problem is that this only sets the initially view once opened versus before you open.Because of this, it does not address the opening speed.

Macro 3D_Import

Open

3D Mode HLR

End Macro

Many thanx for your answer, this is something that does not help.

You can see the difference in opening a file when you try to reopen an already imported drawing when you have saved it while being in wireframe mode (Isodraw remember this preference in the drawing) and opening the same when you have saved it while being in Rendering mode active.

That's the reason I was asking if there is somewhere in the configuration files a way to set this option as wireframe as default.

I know it is not something can be done through the interface or macro (already tried all the solutions I could find...).

Regards

Flavio

Announcements

Top Tags