cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

callouts that point to multiple objects

ptc-2659482
1-Newbie

callouts that point to multiple objects

I have 5 objects that use a single callout number. If I try to use 5 callout lines, the shadows from each one cover the ones below. I need them all to have shadows over the lineart below. I tried using a polyline that zig-zagged back over itself so that it could point out all the objects, but I am being told that in the final proprietary viewer, the lines dont look like they do in Isodraw. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Why not just define an arrow linestyle that is identical to that used in the callout, and draw lines from the object to callout? If you put them on the same layer it should be fine. I would question the need to have 5 leaders for a single callout number. As a matter of style, this will seriously clutter your drawing. Ask yourself if the reader would be able to understand what you are trying to portray if you labeled just one of the objects.

I need all the callouts/lines to have have shadows over the lineart below. How is that possible without having the shadows over each other? As far as how they are designed, I have no say...

This is how those polylines look in IsoView.

The only way around this that I have found is to place a line segment about half as long as the leader line (of the same pen, with no shadow) on top of the leader line that is being masked by the shadow of the other leader lines. Pop all of your shadowed leader lines above the lineart, and the short segment(s) above the shadowed leader lines.

Top Tags