cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

6.0 M010 Publishing Engine installation problems

mbushby
1-Newbie

6.0 M010 Publishing Engine installation problems

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble installing the 6.0 M010 Publishing Engine (64-bit)?
(MED-71939-CD-060_M010_Win64_PE)

The F000 version works fine for us (MED-71939-CD-060_F000_Win64_PE) but with M010 nothing works and
it gives this error when starting PE Interactive:

"editor.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point ?_Xfunc@tr1@std@@YAXXZ cound not be located in the dynamic link
library MSVCP90.dll."

When we go back to F000 it's all good.

This sort of thing can take the edge off your Friday.

-- Martin

4 REPLIES 4

Are you running with the same version of Editor? I was told the two
versions have to be kept in synch - it was at least strongly recommended.

..dan

Hi Dan,

We are running 6.0 F000 Editors and 6.0 F000 PE with no problem. We also run some 5.3 Editors
against the 6.0 PE with no problems so I guess as long as the PE is at the same release or ahead of
the Editor then it should be ok.

It's the 6.0 M010 PE installation itself that fails. The test jobs from the PE index page fail and
so does PE Interactive. PTC support are looking into it. I just wondered if we were alone in
this 🙂

-- Martin

The solution to this has been provided by the PTC development team:

"The issue is that Microsoft updated the vc90 dll's between our F000 and our M010 release.6.0
M010 was our first release after Microsoft made the relevant upgrade, which affected our build
machines. So F000 working ok, and M010 not, is consistent with this issue"

The solution is to download and install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package
(x64)".

Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ SP1 on a
computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 SP1 installed."

-- Martin

Kongsberg Maritime
Norway

Great information, thanks Martin.

It sounds like PTC should re-release their M010 installer with the Microsoft package included.

-G

Top Tags