cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Adding (continued) to thead content when table spans pages

stephen_cuzner
1-Newbie

Adding (continued) to thead content when table spans pages

I'm using Styler 5.4 and I need to have theads repeat with a continuation text. Theads already repeat if the table spans to a new page, but I need to add the text Continued to the entries within the row in the thead. I tried putting a heading element in the entry to get at the repeat title or continuation text category on the gentext tab, but that only works if the heading element is in the context of a division element and entry isn't a division. How can I get this generated continuation text to render?

thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but have you tried using a floatloc?

1. add a floatloc to the rsrcdesc (Styler->Tools->Advanced Edited Source->Edit FOSI Resource Description)

(Change the attribute values as required)
<floatloc floatid="continued.top" floattyp="atpgbrk" maxdepth="12pt"&lt;br"/>minspace="14pt" nomspace="14pt" maxspace="14pt"/>

2. Add the float to a usetext in the thead or table? eic. You might have to play with it.
<usetext source="\Table" heading=" (continued)&quot;<br="/>placemnt="before">
<subchars>
<float flidref="continued.top" width="page" scope="thead"/">
</usetext>

Add the float to all the necessary topfloat attributes in your pageset (recto and verso). There is also a botfloat attribute if you have to do a "Continued" at the bottom of the page)

<versopg width="8.5in" nomdepth="11in" chgmkplc="pleft" topfloat="continued.top" ...<br="/><rectopg width="8.5in" nomdepth="11in" chgmkplc="pleft" topfloat="continued.top" ...<=" p=">

I was able to do this by deleting the thead and adding a floatloc to the table. But does anyone know how to get rid of the automatically repeating theads? I deleted all the repeat_titles floats and it still appeared.

Top Tags