cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Any way to remove generated numbers in footnote?

ahsiao
1-Newbie

Any way to remove generated numbers in footnote?

hi,

We're recently converting documents from output of a customized version of Arbortext Editor to standard one, and one of the major challenges is we no longer have some customized features and markups, one of which is endnote. I'm wondering if there's any way to simply use footnote and change some attribute to remove number(s) so that it look like endnote? 

BTW I don't think I could change stylesheet, as it's already defined.

Thanks.

best regards,

Amy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most all auto generated text is created in the stylesheet, so if one cannot change the stylesheet, then it is unlikely that generated text content can be changed.

Thus footnotes and endnotes cannot be changed.

Also how do you propose that a endnote look like a footnote?

Do you have an example?

Footnotes are styled by the stylesheet to be placed on the same pages as its reference, where endnotes are styled to be scoped to the end tag of some element, like a <chapter>, <part>, <section>, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Most all auto generated text is created in the stylesheet, so if one cannot change the stylesheet, then it is unlikely that generated text content can be changed.

Thus footnotes and endnotes cannot be changed.

Also how do you propose that a endnote look like a footnote?

Do you have an example?

Footnotes are styled by the stylesheet to be placed on the same pages as its reference, where endnotes are styled to be scoped to the end tag of some element, like a <chapter>, <part>, <section>, etc.

Did you find a resolution to your issue?

Top Tags