cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Arbortext Consulting

ddavis
1-Newbie

Arbortext Consulting

What company provides the best consulting in the US? Just curious as we are looking for expertise for con refs and style sheets on ver 6.0. We have been using AT for 5 years and have yet to utilize the full potential in my opinion.

Got to ask the questions, they are free. It's the answers that cost!

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ddavis)

Hi Daryl,

Perhaps, that one of resellers in your region will be able to prompt to you in this question: Find a Software Reseller - PTC

mvail
1-Newbie

Hi Daryl;

Global Publishing Solutions (GPSL) provides comprehensive consulting services for all PTC Arbortext products, supporting tools, and technologies in the US (globally actually).  Our experience with Arbortext dates back to the early 90's.  We can definitely help customers unlock the full potential of their publishing environment.

Please let me know if you would like to explore further.

Mike Vail

GPSL

m: (603) 557-5928

e: mvail@gpsl.co  (not a typo)

Hi Daryl--

The answer to that would depend on your definition of "best", which in my experience varies quite a bit between projects and customers. There are a number of well-known consulting companies that all provide competent Arbortext services, including TerraXML, the company I work for.

I think you will need to take the time to sit down with reps from several consulting companies and go over your plans and requirements, and then you will have to decide which company is the best fit for your particular project(s).

--Clay

Hello Daryl,

If it is consulting you are looking for (not software which can be restricted by region to some resellers) then essentially the world is your oyster!

Also just to note, even though a reseller might be listed as Arbortext reseller on the PTC site, it does not always mean they can provide support, training and consulting on it as a VAR.

Along with those mentioned above you could knock on the door of Datacopy.de, or more locally for you single-sourcing.com

Regards
Chris

www.tformat.com

lfraley
6-Contributor

Hi Daryl,

As long as you get one of the Qualified Arbortext partners, you'll do alright. Lucky for you, so far all the respondents so far - including me - fit that category. As for which one is best for you, it all depends on what your requirements are and what kind of relationship works best for you and your company.  What are you trying to get out of a relationship with a consulting partner?

I work for Single-Sourcing Solutions. We give information away like candy. Our customers are the ones who want to take a journeyman to apprentice approach and learn how to do what we do. Much of what we do is freely available: We have three YouTube channels -- TC Dojo, Single-Sourcing Solutions, Arbortext Monster Garage -- the last of these is focused on Arbortext products and skills development. We hold webinars in the Arbortext TC Dojo that are free to attend, but we reserve the recordings for members of the Arbortext Mastermind Group‌, something our active customers get as a bonus. If you're not interested in the Mastermind and missed the sessions, you can always get access to the recordings via subscription on Vimeo‌. These resources should give you a good idea about who we are and how we work. The next mastermind session is 9/22 and we're going to kick the tires on 7.0 and talk about upgrade strategies for stylesheets.

"Best" is a subjective term and the answer is determined strictly by you, your needs, your company culture, and your requirements. I agree with Clay's advice and direct you to lay out your requirements, look into the partners, determine 'fit'. You'll find the one that's best for you.

Cheers,

Liz

Top Tags