cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Arbortext Editor 6.0, Arbortext Styler 6.0 and Arbortext Publishing Engine 6.0 are now available for

msundquist
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor 6.0, Arbortext Styler 6.0 and Arbortext Publishing Engine 6.0 are now available for

Great News! As you might have already seen, Arbortext Editor 6.0,
Arbortext Styler 6.0 and Arbortext Publishing Engine 6.0 are now
available for download from the PTC support site.

To learn more about exciting enhancements delivered with these products,
please visit the Arbortext What's New
<">http://www.ptc.com/products/arbortext/whats-new.htm> page!

If you have any questions about this release, please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

31 REPLIES 31

Hi Everyone,

There are clearly many, many questions and concerns. Foremost, PTC wants to provide the best support possible, and I want to ensure that all these Flex related licensing questions are addressed with answers made available back through Adepters (and also on PTC.com). I believe I have answers to all the questions, PE does work fine with node locked or current licenses, PE does work when connected via RDP, PE does work via VPN or RDPeven if the PE is in a different geographical location, etc. Costs, PTC has that addressed too.

The transition to Flex willbenefitcustomers, nofuncationality or capabilites are lost, no new costs,in fact a few new features are now available. I expect challenges during the migration, there should not be anything we cannot find a solution for.

What I would like to ask, Adepters, if you have a question, feel free to post to Adepters, but please send it directly to me (-). Then early next week I can make a posting to Adepters (and hopefully include links to PTC.com) so the question and answers are easier to sift through. I would also be open to a live Web Discussion if that would be benefical, please let me know.

Thanks,

Susan

In Reply to Martin Bushby:

It seems that at 6.0 the PE license is issued as a floating license so access via Remote Desktop
works fine.

Martin

Hi Susan,

It's great that you are keeping everyone informed on this. I think the
harmonisation of the licensing mechanisms across the PTC product range is a
good idea, and will bring some neat efficiencies. I liked your definitive
Top Tags