cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Arbortext Editor 6.1 Print Preview No Longer Working

HS_9625363
3-Visitor

Arbortext Editor 6.1 Print Preview No Longer Working

The print preview function is no longer working.  We use this all the time. Publish to PDF is still working and can be used as a work around but it isn't ideal. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but this did not fix the issue.  Going to a newer version of Arbortext isn't an option for us.  Any ideas on how to fix this? I will attach a screenshot of the error I am getting.

Catalina_0-1724241122521.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @HS_9625363,

Thank you for your question. 

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. 

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Alexia
14-Alexandrite
(To:HS_9625363)

Hello @HS_9625363 

Have there been any changes to the stylesheet between this working and not working?

The errors in the screengrab state where the problem may be.

If this has been working previously as expected? or is this working OK for another user?

This is an old release, but from the wording "The print preview function is no longer working" - it leads me to assume this has worked on this file and environment previously.

You could try clearing the cache as this sometimes corrupts - and also the arbortext.wcf.

Please follow the steps in the Article How to delete a corrupt Arbortext Editor preferences file and cache directory
I hope this helps resolve the issue - if it does please click on 'Accept as Solution'

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
Catalina
(To:Alexia)

Hi @HS_9625363,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Thanks to both of you; however, this did not work.  

Are you trying to preview a chunk of content that is not typically a standalone structure? For example, a file entity or xinclude outside of its parent context? If so, you may have better luck if you go one level up in the hierarchy of your document and preview the content that contains the reference to it. For example, if you are using DITA, try previewing the containing topic or map.

Usually when you see this error "no pageset specified", it's because the top level element of the content you're trying to preview isn't configured to be viewed as standalone content. In that case, the stylesheet may not have any rules about which page type to apply, so it tries a default pageset which may or may not work OK.

Announcements

Top Tags