cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Arbortext issue working with tables delete only works on single row

celias
1-Newbie

Arbortext issue working with tables delete only works on single row

In Arbortext Editor Release 6.0 r60m070

In a table with a single column, selecting multiple rows and trying to delete the multiple rows results in only a single row being deleted.

The problem can be verified as follows:

1. Create a New Topic.

2. Add a table with 5 rows and 1 column.

3. Select the bottom 3 rows.

4. Right click and from the Delete option select Row. This does not delete the selected rows.

How can I fix this??

Thanks,

Carolina Elias

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Carolina--

You could write your own ACL function to delete all selected rows in a table, and then either re-alias it to the menu item or add a different menu item such as "delete multiple rows".

If that's more ambitious than you would like, there are a couple of workarounds that are less painful than deleting one row at a time:

1) Since you have only one column, you can select the rows you want to delete, select "Span cells" to convert them to one big row, and then delete as usual. Since it's now only one row, the regular Delete->Row operation works fine.

2) You can turn on table markup (View->Tables->Table Markup). This will show the markup for the table, allowing you to select the desired <row> elements and delete them in one go. I wouldn't recommend this for tables of any complexity, but since you only have one column this should be manageable in your use case.

Also, I think this would be a good product idea to submit to PTC. It sure seems like it should work the way you expected it to, and would save some hassles in working with tables.

--Clay

Thanks a lot Clay!
just one more question, how can I re-alias the menu?? If I have my own ACL function,

- Carolina Elias

Hi Carolina--

You can check what menu items are aliased to by looking at editmenu.cf in $ARBORTEXT/lib. In this case, the "Delete Row" menu item calls the "TableDeleteRow" command. If you want to replace table row deletion with your custom function more or less everywhere, then you would use the "alias" command to redefine "TableDeleteRow" so it calls your function instead of the default one. (To see how it's currently defined, you an use the "show aliases" command.)

If you want to add a new menu item, you can use the "menu_add" command to do so. It is pretty well documented in the help center.

--Clay

Hi I just tried this:

open a table with 4 columns and 4 rows.

Selected and highlighted bottom 2 rows

Selected the delete row icon

last two rows are gone.

Works in 6.0M80 or 6.1M80.

So I wonder what you are doing different than my example. I am using standard CALS tables.

Top Tags