cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Are there any solution for the electronic parts catalog?

LeonidRudometki
3-Visitor

Are there any solution for the electronic parts catalog?

PTC product to delivery electronic parts catalog.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
neven
5-Regular Member
(To:thendricks)

Hi all,

The PTC Servigistics InService is a robust delivery solution for spare part and technical information. It includes the delivery of parts and product structure information, varoius search and navigation capabilities, filtration of content, adding parts including alternates, supersessions and recomendations to a shopping cart with the ability to integrate with ERP systems for submitting this cart/s.

It also includes graphics capabilities including 2D and 3D with hotspotting and a lot more.

Access Control and security modules are also part of the product.

It is a full enterprise solution and not just a plug-in.

Feel free to contact me directly through emails.

Nir Even,

Senior solution manager for the InService products, SLM Segment, PTC

-

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:LeonidRudometki)

HI Leonid,

Could you elaborate on what it is you're looking for?

I may just not be parsing the question correctly in my brain.  Thanks!

Hi Rafael,

I mean electronic spare parts catalogues.

This catalog should be some kind of software that allows to order service parts during product maintenance service and repair. This software shoul have following capabilities:

• Illustrations and “hot points”
  • Part search
  • Integration with ERP in case to send request to order the part
  • Security (authentication and manage access)
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:LeonidRudometki)

Sounds like maybe one of our Service Parts solutions would work for that.

Would this be what you are interested in?

PTC Service Parts Information Solution | Service Lifecycle Management | PTC

dlemkuil
1-Newbie
(To:rdiaz)

Sounds like we still need an answer to the question: Does PTC offer a solution for generating Interactive Electronic Spare Parts Catalogs? A specific answer would be very helpful, not a web page that speaks in general terms. Is it a combination of Windchill, Windchill PDMlink, Creo Illustrate, Arbortext IsoDraw...etc? For an example of the kind of parts catalog I'm wondering if PTC can create, check out Lattice Technology (www.lattice3d.com/solutions/electronic-spare-parts-catalogs-and-service-portals/). They partner with TID Informatik (www.catalogcreator.de/software/?lang=en/#ccDemo) and have developed a very slick parts catalog. Let me know if PTC has a similar solution.

Thanks!

When we looked into PTC's offering they had a viewer that would allow the viewing of hotspotted documents and integration with an external shopping cart. Note that at the time this was a plugin and thus did not support iOS.

You're overall endeavor is actually a number of pieces. I know there is a company out of Italy that does such a thing but it is basically image mapping and would not work directly with IsoDraw for instance.

For our purposes we ended up doing a custom solution. Our documents are maintained in IsoDraw and we utilize a macro to apply appropriate metadata. We display utilizing svg for modern browser (swf for older versions of IE). Works very well and has been in place for close to ten years. We actually started with Micrografix Author for editing and migrated to IsoDraw about seven years ago.

Kohler Parts Viewer

If the link above does not work, go to the following link and the diagram is linked from the lower left.

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Numi-Intelligent-Comfort-Height-skirted-one-piece-elongated-dual-flush-toilet-%28less-remote…

neven
5-Regular Member
(To:thendricks)

Hi all,

The PTC Servigistics InService is a robust delivery solution for spare part and technical information. It includes the delivery of parts and product structure information, varoius search and navigation capabilities, filtration of content, adding parts including alternates, supersessions and recomendations to a shopping cart with the ability to integrate with ERP systems for submitting this cart/s.

It also includes graphics capabilities including 2D and 3D with hotspotting and a lot more.

Access Control and security modules are also part of the product.

It is a full enterprise solution and not just a plug-in.

Feel free to contact me directly through emails.

Nir Even,

Senior solution manager for the InService products, SLM Segment, PTC

-

Top Tags