cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Booktitle and frontmatter appear twice in output PDF file

ptc-5056404
1-Newbie

Booktitle and frontmatter appear twice in output PDF file

I have been confused for a few days. If I publish a bookmap into PDF with my self-defined style-sheet, the book-title and the front-matter will appear twice! They will appear at the start of the book (It is correct), and appear again at end of book (It is not what I expect).

However, if I publish the bookmap file with default style-sheet, the result is correct—they just appear at the start. I try to adjust the style sheet many times. It seems I didn’t know where to solve it.

I don’t know how to control it – how to remove them from the end of the books. Can somebody help to answer it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5056404)

Hi Kelvin,

You may want to start by comparing the two stylesheets on the top-level element, looking at the gentext tab.

You can also check out the pageset gentext, in case it's defined there.

I also notice you mention it's a bookmap. Are you using 'Edit Resolved Document' to make the changes, and see how they work out?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5056404)

Hi Kelvin,

You may want to start by comparing the two stylesheets on the top-level element, looking at the gentext tab.

You can also check out the pageset gentext, in case it's defined there.

I also notice you mention it's a bookmap. Are you using 'Edit Resolved Document' to make the changes, and see how they work out?

Hi Rafael,

The issue has been solved with your advice. I used ''Edit Resolved Document'' and found an element flattenedmap. It is the hidden element cause twice appearance. I added flattenedmap element in style sheet and set it as 'hidden' sytle, the problem was then fixed.

Thanks for help!

Top Tags