cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Burst Configuration - default WC attribute values

mastachef
12-Amethyst

Burst Configuration - default WC attribute values

I am trying to understand burst configurations and more specifically, how to set Windchill attributes in a burst configuration file for doctypes.

For example, if I have the following in my burst config file

<typerule elementname="graphic"
targettype="wt.epm.EPMDocument|"/>

In Windchill, we have a defined soft type of com.aa.softtype. 

What tag in the burst confg file should I modify with a default value so when the objects are burst into Windchill, the value is populated in the Windchill GUI? 

1 REPLY 1
plutsky
13-Aquamarine
(To:mastachef)

The information about setting the Object type for new objects is in the Help Center topic called "Configuring Object Types".

For your example, if com.aa.softtype is a subtype of Dynamic Document, then you would want a rule in the <dmsobjtype> section like this:

<typerule sourcetype="graphic"
targettype="wt.epm.EPMDocument|com.aaa.DynamicDocument|com.aaa.softtype"/>

Note that all Arbortext documents must be Dynamic Document or a subtype of DYnamic Document.  They cannot be a subtype of wt.epm.EPMDocument.

The information about setting attribute values in Windchill is in the Help Center topic called "Assigning PTC Server Properties". 

Top Tags