cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Bursting rules

hmungekar
1-Newbie

Bursting rules

Hi Experts,

I am using Arbortext Editor along with Publishing Engine . My requirement is when I upload document in windchill all the topics goes in topic folder, concepts in concept folder and so on in windchill.

I am not able to do so can you guys help.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SirkoRudolph
5-Regular Member
(To:hmungekar)

Hi Hrishikesh,

Could you post the bursting rules you are using? That would help giving you specific tips and guidance.

In general you should use the dmslocation section in the burst rules. In general that would be something like this:

<dmslocation>

<locnrule elementname="bookmap" location="bookmaps" />

<locnrule elementname="topic" location="topics" />

<locnrule location="Graphics" sourcetype="graphic" />

</dmslocation>

The folders given in the dmslocation rule are independent of the container in Windchill where the objects would be stored - so depending on your current connection / workspace Editor would use that container (Library, Product) and look for the folders defined in the dmslocation rules.

You might need 2 different bursting rule files - one for the ditabase doctype which covers all topic types (including subtypes) and one for the "bookmap" doctype, if you are using this DITA specialization.

Hope this helps. As mentioned - for more specific guidance it would help if you could post your existing bursting rules.

Kind regards

Sirko

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SirkoRudolph
5-Regular Member
(To:hmungekar)

Hi Hrishikesh,

Could you post the bursting rules you are using? That would help giving you specific tips and guidance.

In general you should use the dmslocation section in the burst rules. In general that would be something like this:

<dmslocation>

<locnrule elementname="bookmap" location="bookmaps" />

<locnrule elementname="topic" location="topics" />

<locnrule location="Graphics" sourcetype="graphic" />

</dmslocation>

The folders given in the dmslocation rule are independent of the container in Windchill where the objects would be stored - so depending on your current connection / workspace Editor would use that container (Library, Product) and look for the folders defined in the dmslocation rules.

You might need 2 different bursting rule files - one for the ditabase doctype which covers all topic types (including subtypes) and one for the "bookmap" doctype, if you are using this DITA specialization.

Hope this helps. As mentioned - for more specific guidance it would help if you could post your existing bursting rules.

Kind regards

Sirko

Are you able to post your bursting rules?

Have resolved this issue? If so, how?

We would like to share the fix information with the community.

Top Tags