cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Bursting xml into Windchill

akrithalllal
1-Newbie

Bursting xml into Windchill

Hi All,

I am new to Windchill. I have installed and setup a library manager on my local machine. I have been able to add the bursting spec to my library in a 'system' folder via Arbortext. But when I tried saving an XML document as a server object I am getting the following error : Unable to create missing folder /Libraries/Legislation - South Africa - National/Acts and Regulations/C/CHILD JUSTICE ACT NO. 75 OF 2008/Sections while creating new object for 75 of 2008 s 1.

Has anyone else come across an issues similar to this?

Thank you
Ashona.Krithallal
Software Developer

LexisNexis South Africa
215 North Ridge Road
Morning Side
Durban, 4001

ashona.krithallal@lexisnexis.co.za<">mailto:ashona.krithallal@lexisnexis.co.za>
+27 (0) 31 268 3172
+27 (0) 83 777 0773

4 REPLIES 4

The burst spec is wanting to create a folder in the Legislation - South Africa - National Library and the user doesn't have permissions to create folders in that Library. You would have to grate the correct permissions to the user or have someone create the folders ahead of time.

Mike

Hi Mike,

When it first tries to create a folder, example: section. It will give an error, but then if I 'save as object' again it will create the section folder and give an error when trying to create the next folder. If I continue to re-burst every time it gave me an error on creating the folder, it will eventually burst the document.

The user that I am using has all the correct permissions.

How much of the folder structure is there in the Library?

You may want to look at the folder structure you want to use and come up with a pre-defined structure that all your documents would use. I would normally recommend that authors shouldn't be creating folders in the repository. The storage structure is not something that I want users changing as it should be setup to limit the number of specific objects within any one folder (this is for performance of the UI when displaying a folder).

Normally users should use search to locate content within the repository. This method is normally much faster than navigation through a folder structure.

Mike

Perhaps the Windchill community can better answer these types of questions:

Top Tags