cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can a macro check whether a file exists or not?

TimSharp
6-Contributor

Can a macro check whether a file exists or not?

I've a macro that works out filenames and then expects to load an illustratiuon with that filename. Would be great if it could pop up a warning if the file isn't found.

3 REPLIES 3

Honesty first, the following is complete theory.

If you are using IsoDraw 7.2+ I'm thinking you could use the newer error check. Basic syntax is: On Error Goto macroName.

The secondary macro would then provide your message.

TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:thendricks)

Thanks Trevor

We're still using 7.0, we tried 7.1 but were so annoyed with the file save feature that we went back to 7.0 and haven't had the courage to upgrade again yet.

I did try error checking in 7.0 but an error isn't generated (just seems to ignore it), but I'll try it in a 7.2 (I think I have that installed but don't use it) to see if it's improved

I don't believe the error checking was added until a build in the 7.2 range.

In regards to 7.1, I understand. We were forced to upgrade a few years ago and we basically had to pick the lesser of the evils. Every build released had issues we had to deal with. I think there was one in the F00 release, fixed in M010, and then reintroduced in M020. Have to say though that we're on 7.2, M020 now and it seems to be working pretty well. No issues noticed yet, but I must admit it's only been about two weeks of production use.

Top Tags