cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can any one suggest how to do a program

sbaburajan
1-Newbie

Can any one suggest how to do a program

Can any one suggest how to do a program or set of instruction (like macro) which will show the errors in the authoring file (content) on running the program.

Eg: The statement should be

Correct: “put the unit in position”

Wrong:  “put the unit in its position”

If we use in its position in the authoring, it should show error

10 REPLIES 10

For the example you give, the code is obviously trivial. Are you asking for a generic grammer checker? Simplified english validation? How deep do you need to go? You should consider commercial plugins if you have anything more than the most simple needs.

thanks Gareth,

Its not a grammar check. In my work there are a lot of standard statements and set of value which is common for all tasks which i do. Some times by mistake I used to give wrong values. To avoid such mistakes I need to create a checker

eg: 1.torque so and so, refer to document "111112222" (doc no)

the torquing should be done by referring the document"111112222". Instead by mistake we will write as "111112223" which is wrong and that should be identified while checking.@

Assuming you are on a recent version of Arbortext (6.0 or later), the simplest method to achieve this is to use the built-in Schematron support. Define a Schematron rule set that reports on the errors you need to pick up. Add this Schematron to your doctype. The Schematron errors will then be reported by Arbortext during validation.

thanks gareth, can you please guide me more as i told earlier that i am very new to this software. can u please send some examples or how and were to create the rules. it will be very useful if you send some programming style to ma ail id: -

PTC has a network of resellers and partners who are able to offer training and support. Our company GPSL is one of these. We can start a conversation if you like, please message info@gpsl.co.

Another option would be to use entities.

One can set up entities for common string sequences, phrases, paragraphs, etc.

thanks Tim,

In my work there are a lot of standard statements and set of value which is common for all tasks which i do. Some times by mistake I used to give wrong values. To avoid such mistakes I need to create a checker

eg: 1.torque so and so, refer to document "111112222" (doc no)

the torquing should be done by referring the document"111112222". Instead by mistake we will write as "111112223" which is wrong and that should be identified while checking. can u plz guide me how to do that

Rather than having to key these standard phrases, could you have the style sheet insert the data via generated text, by testing a given specific attribute value in the root tag, and a given tag and/or set of attribute settings?

The attribute in the root tag would identify the document.

The tag testing would indicate where to place the text and the attribute(s) values would specify the text or phrase to be inserted.

This way users would only need to insert the tag, and set certain attribute values.

thanks tim, can you please guide me more as i told earlier that i am very new to this software. can u please send some examples or how and where to create the rules. it will be very useful if you send some programming style to ma ail id: -

The insertion of text as defined by the style sheet can be seen in the Axdocbook sample document.

See the element named indexterm.

This element automatically inserts "[Index term: " before terms, and "]" after all the terms that it wraps.

To see use

1) Open Arbortext Editor

2) Select File > New

3) Select the "Sample" radio button bottom center

4) Select in the Category: pane "DocBook"

5) Select in the Type: pane "Arbortext XML DocBook V4.0

6) Select the OK button

You would need Arbortext Styler to change style sheets.

For information about ACL scripting commands see Arbortext Editor's Help Center (Help > Help Center)

Look under Programming > Arbortext Command Language > Function by Category

For the "in its position" issue and the like, you could use spell checking.

See Help > Help Center and see the topic "Checking Spelling". See the "Note" that precedes the sub-topic "Spell Checking Multiple Languages in the Same Document".

Your other issue about 11112222 is more difficult to recognize, but it too could be defined in spell checker.

Top Tags