cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Can the reltable element be used for PDF outputs?

EmilMeindl
1-Newbie

Can the reltable element be used for PDF outputs?

I see that the reltable element is only displayed when a DITA map is saved as HTML. How can I have links display when the DITA map is saved as a PDF?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Here is the reltable at the bottom of my ditamap:

reltable_ditamap.jpg

Here are attributes for the operation and setup topic refs in the table. I set the print field to yes, but the links still didn't display when I compose a pdf. However, the links display when I compose as html.

reltable_attributes.bmp

Is there a condition I need to add to the stylesheet for reltable to display the links when the ditamap is composed as a pdf?

Hi Emil,

Try looking for the user formatted element _ufe:relatedlinks-display in your stylesheets. The PDF output may be set to "Hidden". This is how the "out of the box" stylsheets were for us. I believe when I removed that, the related links started appearing in our PDFs.

There will probably be a lot of work after that to get them the way you want them. By default they were broken down into "Related Concepts" "Related References" and "Related Tasks" among some other headings. I had to change a lot of the other _ufe:relatedsomething elements and the generated text produced by the "related-links" tag in our stylesheets before I was getting an output that was acceptable to us. Hope this helps.

Top Tags