cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Create a new xml tag to use in arboetext editor

JK_10663118
4-Participant

Create a new xml tag to use in arboetext editor

Hello,

I am using Arbortext editor and styler for creating content and making changes in the stylesheet.

Now, there is a requirement to create a new xml tag that can be used by the arbortext editor users.

What is the tool or process used to create a new xml tag.

For example: there is an existing tag call <table> now i need to give summary details to the table hence i need to create a ><tsummary> tag to using inside the table tag.

What tool can I use to create new tag

1 REPLY 1

Arbortext provides the "doctype" mechanism to add new or customise existing doctypes. The doctypes include the DTD or schema which defines the tag set. If you are using DITA, it's a special mechanism called "specialization" where you extend existing tags and give them a new name. For other DTD or schema types you can add new tags in any XML editor. Arbortext Architect is the PTC product designed for that.

However, I would note that once you add the new tag in the DTD or schema then you have to update your DCF file, stylesheets, and any other configuration items that need to know about the new tag.

In the case of tables, as in your example, they are particularly tricky as Arbortext handles table markup specially and it can be hard to extend or override.

If this gets too difficult, there are many PTC partners who can help with this. For example, our company GPSL (www.gpsl.co).

Top Tags