cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

DOCTYPE & Element attributes - Save As Preferences

ptc-5872081
1-Newbie

DOCTYPE & Element attributes - Save As Preferences

Hi Chaps,

When saving an XML, the !DOCTYPE and also some element attributes are removed.

Is there a setting in Preferences > Advanced, to stop this occuring?

Thanks in advance,

Samuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This doesn't happen here. I opened your sample XML in Free Form mode, without DTD, and did a Save As. The only differences are:

1. the Arbortext comment

2. single quotes turned to double quotes

3. placement of a <?Pub Caret -2?> PI at end of document (marking where my cursor was when I saved)

I tested on Arbortext 6.0 as I don't have 6.1 handy.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

This should not happen, can you describe the steps which reproduce this behaviour?

Didn't think so, OK...here it goes...

Open File 1:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<!DOCTYPE planungsanleitung PUBLIC '-//Client//DTD DocumentType//DE' '/system/dtd/planungsanleitung/planungsanleitung.dtd'>

<planungsanleitung y.io.id="daf88359619038f0ac140e0e4de97dc5" y.io.version="6" y.io.variant="GB" y.io.language="en" y.io.format="ClientDocPAXML" y.io.owner="ksi" y.io.status="Approved" y.io.name="5368768" y.io.revision="8">

<meta>

</meta>

</planungsanleitung>

No validation error.

Save As Result: all attributes are removed from planungsleitung element and copied to meta....and "?" are added to the DOCTYPE root element:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!--Arbortext, Inc., 1988-2013, v.4002--><?DOCTYPE planungsanleitung PUBLIC "-//Client//DTD DocumentType//DE" "/system/dtd/planungsanleitung/planungsanleitung.dtd"?><planungsanleitung><meta y.io.format="ViessDocPAXML" y.io.id="daf88359619038f0ac140e0e4de97dc5" y.io.language="en" y.io.name="5368768" y.io.owner="ksi" y.io.revision="8" y.io.status="Approved" y.io.variant="GB" y.io.version="6"></meta></planungsanleitung><?Pub?>

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked for any callbacks or save hooks in your custom folders? The functionality doesn't look out of the box for Arbortext.

You can check in the /init or /scripts directories under your custom folders.

-Jeff

Hi,

Custom folders are empty, this is a clean install of 64-bit evaluation version 6.1.

Can you replicate the issue with the example I've provided?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I don't have the DTD that the XML is referencing so I can't open the XML in Arbortext. It looks like the doctype is referencing a location on your local system. Have you checked there for any custom scripts?

You also said that you are using an evaluation version of 6.1. Do you currently use Arbortext? Do you see this in other versions?

Hi Jeff,

No, there are no custom scripts...this is out-of-the-box software.

This is my first trial version and haven't used any previous versions.

I haven't done anything unusual, this is simply my first go with Arbortext...and it doesn't seem to behave in the correct way (moving attributes, etc..)

Samuel,

What you are experiencing is not Arbortext functionality that I'm familiar with. I noticed that your XML is using single quotes within the doctype and XML delcarations. It is a more standard practice to use double-quotes. I don't know if that is the cause, but just an observation. Are you getting any messages pop up when you open the XML?

This doesn't happen here. I opened your sample XML in Free Form mode, without DTD, and did a Save As. The only differences are:

1. the Arbortext comment

2. single quotes turned to double quotes

3. placement of a <?Pub Caret -2?> PI at end of document (marking where my cursor was when I saved)

I tested on Arbortext 6.0 as I don't have 6.1 handy.

Hi,

OK, it seems that the issue is caused by the DTD.

I removed:

<!DOCTYPE planungsanleitung PUBLIC "-//Client//DTD DocumentType//DE" "/system/dtd/planungsanleitung/planungsanleitung.dtd">

And all OK after Save As.

Thanks!

Top Tags