cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Display generated text in TOC

rboneti
1-Newbie

Display generated text in TOC

Hi everybody!

Is there a way to display generated text in TOC?

When I select a element with a generated text (Usually the chapter number), the TOC shows only the element's text and not the generated text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From Styler on the Table of Contents tab with the specific TOC selected does selecting the Format button and then from there the Details button is the "Numbered" radio button checked?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you are using Arbortext Styler, then select the Gentext Tab, then the Number radio button and then the Details button.

In the Number Details dialog one can add a previous number level for a selected element.
One can add a label or select "Advanced Edit" button for a more complex label.

Tim,

This is ok. Which I really need is that this generated number appears in Table of Contents. This configuration shows the numbers only in the element where I've done it, but not in the Table of Contents.

From Styler on the Table of Contents tab with the specific TOC selected does selecting the Format button and then from there the Details button is the "Numbered" radio button checked?

Thank you Tim, it has worked well.

Top Tags