cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Epic 6 problem?

LynnHales
1-Newbie

Epic 6 problem?

I'm not sure if it is me and the file I'm working or if I'm having a problem with Epic 6.

The file I am working with is fairly large (just over 3 meg with numerous file, text and graphic entities).

The problem I am seeing is that occasionally (not every time, but often enough) Epic 6 will lock up when I am trying to find a string of text using the 'find/replace' dialog box (NOT the FIND TAG/ATTRIBUTE). It also only seems to happen when I am searching "UP" the document (going back through the previous text).

Has anyone else has a similar problem? If so then I'll submit this as a possible bug they need to fix.

Thanks

Lynn
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Lynn--

You might try turning off gentext while you search to see if that helps. IIRC, Arbortext is sometimes slower scrolling up than down in terms of refreshing gentext, which might be explain the problem you are seeing.

--Clay

Clay Helberg
Senior Consultant
TerraXML

Thanks Clay,

I'll give that a try though the problem is intermittent enough it may be difficult to determine.

Lynn
---- Clay Helberg <chelberg@terraxml.com> wrote:
> Hi Lynn--
>
> You might try turning off gentext while you search to see if that helps. IIRC, Arbortext is sometimes slower scrolling up than down in terms of refreshing gentext, which might be explain the problem you are seeing.
>
> --Clay
>
> Clay Helberg
> Senior Consultant
> TerraXML
>
>
Top Tags