cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

HTML tables model in Editor within namespaces

ChrisWestern
7-Bedrock

HTML tables model in Editor within namespaces

Hi All,

I am configuring Editor with a mixed content model modularised XML Schema, which uses the standard XHTML table model within 2 namespaces.

<h:table> and <a:table>

<h:table> works out of the box and displays a visual table display in the editor window as its a common html namespace and support is build in, but not so for <a:table>. PTC support tell us this is not supported and will not work espcially as both can be used within different sections of the same instance. (So an enhancement request has been submitted!)

I have tried many aproaches to force editor to recognise html tables within <a:table> or map it somehow, the only semi successfull stab was re-declaring the xmlns:a on the local a:table element pointing it to 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/' this forces editor to display the table but breaks the rest of the XML/stylesheet validity in the process so is not a valid or practical editing option.

Besides this, changing the schema (which is not an option for us) and building a custom editing pre & post transformation... I just wondered if anyone has come accross this before with ideas/features for a work around?

In the back end APP template for pagination its no problem 🙂

Many thanks
Chris

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags