cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Hide the elements using DCF file in Arbortext Editor

BALAAJ
1-Newbie

Hide the elements using DCF file in Arbortext Editor

I have one question related to DCF file.

Using ElementOption in DCF we can hide the unnecessary elements from insert list of the Arbortext Editor view. Actually it hides the element from all the places over the document (top to bottom of DTD contexts). But I would like to hide the elements based on the particular context. Not on all the places.

For ex. I would like to hide few elements from insert list (e.g. <menucascade>) under <note> but not under <p>..

How do I accomplish this? Could you please help to find the way!.

2 REPLIES 2

Not sure if it's possible using .dcf - Tech Support should know this.

If not possible, I'd consider making specialization or using DITA 1.2 constraints. But constraints are not supported in Arbortext yet (as far as I'm aware).

pnagai
4-Participant
(To:BALAAJ)

The DCF file will not support this, however, I think you should be able to write an ACL program that will.

Search help for "tag_display" and the -local option.

You will need to build a function that navigates through the document tree, or the portion of it in which you want to change the tag display behavior, and set the display for each instance of the element.

You will need to determine when you want these tags to be hidden and attach your ACL to the appropriate event.

There should be examples of each type of coding in the Editor install tree under packages or samples. Help will have some tips, too, although finding them might take a few tries to figure out where those concepts will be discussed.

Finally, consider joining the Adepters mailing list. It is a great community of Arbortext users, admins, and developers. They are "awake" and helpful 24 hours a day. Subscription info (and references to lots of great Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://www.single-sourcing.com/company/community.html

Good luck!

Top Tags