cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How can I change the page regions size in FOSI?

rboneti
1-Newbie

How can I change the page regions size in FOSI?

Hi Everybody!

I'm having problems adjusting the main content as page region in FOSI. Where can I change in code to adjust page contents(main content)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your page size is determined by the PageSets tab and the page set in which your region is used.

There too is where the 4 margin sizes are defined, top, bottom, left and right.

You are correct in selecting the Page Regions tab for defining the dimensions and positioning of the body of the page.

The left edge, X position, of the region can be positioned relative to

1) the left edge of the page,

2) the right edge of the page,

3) the left margin defined in the Page Set,

4) the right margin defined in the Page Set,

5) the center of the page edges

6) the center of the page margins (this may differ from 5) if the left margin is different from the right margin

The number to the right of the above setting is an offset from the selected point of origin

The Y position is defined in a similar manner, but relative to the top and bottom page edges, margins or centers

The X & Y positions are the origin for the upper left corner of the region

Height: is where you adjust the vertical size of the region.

You can give an Absolute size, like 6.5in.

You can set the size based on the width between either the vertical or horizontal edges or margins, and then increase or decrease as needed using the number on the right.

After setting a value, click in another dropdown location to see the size adjust in the sample window on the right.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Are you working with a .fos file or a .fosi file

.fos files are supported by Arbortext Editor, .fosi files are not.
Are you working with in a pagedesc?

Are you wanting to change the page depth, margins?

Are you wanting to change rectopg, versopg and blankpg?

Hi Tim!

Thanks for answer!

Actually what I need is to configurate the position and size of page regions, using fosi (.fos file). The images bellow explain better.

MainContent.png

MainContent2.png

Your page size is determined by the PageSets tab and the page set in which your region is used.

There too is where the 4 margin sizes are defined, top, bottom, left and right.

You are correct in selecting the Page Regions tab for defining the dimensions and positioning of the body of the page.

The left edge, X position, of the region can be positioned relative to

1) the left edge of the page,

2) the right edge of the page,

3) the left margin defined in the Page Set,

4) the right margin defined in the Page Set,

5) the center of the page edges

6) the center of the page margins (this may differ from 5) if the left margin is different from the right margin

The number to the right of the above setting is an offset from the selected point of origin

The Y position is defined in a similar manner, but relative to the top and bottom page edges, margins or centers

The X & Y positions are the origin for the upper left corner of the region

Height: is where you adjust the vertical size of the region.

You can give an Absolute size, like 6.5in.

You can set the size based on the width between either the vertical or horizontal edges or margins, and then increase or decrease as needed using the number on the right.

After setting a value, click in another dropdown location to see the size adjust in the sample window on the right.

Ok Tim, but this is how to use the styler, right?

But directly in .fos file, how can I do that through editing tags?

In .fos, you need to find the appropriate <pageset>.

Then find the appropriate <rectopg> and <versopg> elements.

Then adjust the header or footer depths to set the width of the body of the page.

A way to see how it is done, is to export the .style file using in Styler select the menu pick File > Export > FOSI.

Examine the saved .fos file.

Also note that there may be a <region> that can be used to set the depth in the "height" attribute.

Top Tags