cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How do I find the x and y points of the last Scale point picked?

TimSharp
6-Contributor

How do I find the x and y points of the last Scale point picked?

I am doing a macro to fine tune scaling of elements.

We often bring parts of several drawings together and they are usually at different scales. The scale function is fine for the getting it nearly right, then we have to fine tune it. We tend to start with 99%, then 99.9% then 99.99% (or 101% etc if going the other way) to get it as near exact as required. Trouble is that each time the scale is changed, the scaling point has to be set again - and if you are zoomed into one of the edges of the scaled item, you have to zoom back to where you can set the scale point again (and enter the percentage) - then back again to the edge so you can see more clearly as it scales.

The macros are just meant to make it a bit quicker to fine tune scaling and my toolbar has icons for the following:

99.99% 99.9% 99% SET 101% 101.1% 101.01%

The SET macro just prompts the user to pick a point on the drawing, and makes global x and y variables for the other macros to use as the scaling point.It works fine, but one of our illustrators has asked if it can't just work on the last scale point picked while using the normal scale function.

I was wondering therefore if there is any way of returning the last scale point picked - or even just the position of the last mouse click (i.e. after the event rather than initiating it)?

Anyone know if this is possible?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags