cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How do I manipulate scrollbar color in Arbortext?

azibuck
5-Regular Member

How do I manipulate scrollbar color in Arbortext?

I have a user whose scroll bar area is as white the text background. There is a grey bar that she can grab and scroll with, and if she clicks over or under that bar, the page will "scroll", so the bar itself is working fine. But the background of the scroll area is not there. It's not a big deal, but the user used to have this feature until getting a new machine. Unfortunately it was months ago so her old machine (and install) is long gone. See the screen shot of my view. She has the dark grey bar, but not the light grey area next to the word "from" It's just as white as the page background..Scroll_bar_shading.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

That scrollbar looks like it is provided by Windows. Have you tried adjusting the Windows theme as a test, to see if that also changes the Arbortext scrollbar? I googled for "Windows scrollbar color" and there are a few articles on that subject out there too.

azibuck
5-Regular Member
(To:GarethOakes)

Unfortunately no. She has proper (or good) contrast in other apps like Word or Edge. It's just Arbortext. Do you know the name of the thing I'm talking about? It's not the scrollbar, it's the scrollbar background, is there a proper word for that?

Sorry I'm afraid not. Does changing the Windows color theme affect the scrollbar? (That would be an interesting test to see if the scrollbars respect the standard Windows theme engine - e.g. Windows "high contrast" theme may help)

Top Tags