cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do I stop it refreshing the screen in macros with several selections?

TimSharp
6-Contributor

How do I stop it refreshing the screen in macros with several selections?

I do a lot of macros that speed up drawing things. Several of them require the illustrator to select points on screen one after the other for the macro to use.

A typical example is where a macro draws an item at a selected point on the screen, then loops for the next point to draw to and so on until the user exits.

It usually works OK for the first 2 or 3 times, but after this, every time the user clicks a point on screen, it insists on refreshing the screen. This is annoying, but even more annoying is when the screen goes white because it hasn't refreshed properly - the illustrator cannot then see the next point he/she wants to pick and has to exit the macro. This happens nearly every time these macros are run.

There is nothing in any of our macros that triggers a screen refresh, and it does it in our 7.00 and in 7.2. It's a bug that we wish was fixed. Does anyone (PTC????) have a workaround? Is there a command to switch off screen refresh?

1 REPLY 1

Tim,

I also have that problem with one of our macros, screen goes white after the third loop, but when I run it in the debug mode it works fine.

Top Tags