cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to hide auto-generated content in FOSI

nlg_admin
3-Visitor

How to hide auto-generated content in FOSI

Hello everyone,

We are trying to print a pdf file with FOSI stylesheets and we need to avoid printing its last section which is auto-generated.

In fact, this content(some technical data) already exists in different places inside the document but it is unified and shown again in the last page.

We tried editing the corresponding .ent files which contain the element involved using the "suppress" command, but it didn't work(content gone but titles didn't).

Is there another command or way to achieve this? Maybe a specific file to check?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When FOSI's Suppress category is coded in an e-i-c for an element, the content of that element and the content of any child elements is suppressed from the output stream. Processing of code in child e-i-cs is also suppressed, but processing of code in the e-i-c with the Suppress category does take place, including adding any generated text to the output stream.

It sounds like Suppress is not what is needed. Instead, the Usetext category that outputs the generated last section should be removed. Check the e-i-cs of nearby elements. Also, in the tagged FOSI editor, you can enter show ids at the command line and check the names of the string variables and link to whatever seems likely.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

When FOSI's Suppress category is coded in an e-i-c for an element, the content of that element and the content of any child elements is suppressed from the output stream. Processing of code in child e-i-cs is also suppressed, but processing of code in the e-i-c with the Suppress category does take place, including adding any generated text to the output stream.

It sounds like Suppress is not what is needed. Instead, the Usetext category that outputs the generated last section should be removed. Check the e-i-cs of nearby elements. Also, in the tagged FOSI editor, you can enter show ids at the command line and check the names of the string variables and link to whatever seems likely.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for your anwser!

In the end, it won't be needed, but we will check it with your way whenever there is time.

Thank you anyway!

Did you try wrapping your generated text in a _ufe and styling the content of that _ufe to be hidden?

Hello Tim,

As I wrote above, we won't need to do this after all, but we will check your solution whenever there is time.

Thank you anyway!

Top Tags