cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to publish Conditional content ?

rl
4-Participant
4-Participant

How to publish Conditional content ?

Hi All,

We are using Arbortext Editor 6.0 M080 and create a contents by using DITA Task and publishing the PDF copies after adding to DITA BookMap.

My requirement now is I have 2 different manuals to publish which is having common content and few instructions are different. I have created a DITA task with common content and different instructions for different manuals in the same file.

Added this file to DITA bookmap but, I don't know how to publish manuals separately now? What is the conditions I have to define? Which file I have to modify to get this output?

I have attached a PDF which explains the conditions and also I have attached the DITA file for reference.

Thank you,

Regards,

Rajesh L

3 REPLIES 3
bfriesen
16-Pearl
(To:rl)

Sounds like you need to setup profiles. We use sma application. To add  your own profile options you need to modify the servicemanual.pcf file. You then choose the profile you want to publish, then it will publish that content only.

Bryon

rl
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:bfriesen)

Hi Bryon,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, you are right we have to modify the .pcf to get the conditional content output. But, we have a lot of manuals (~ 30 manuals) this will increase the list in the profile selection and also some group may not required this list to see (because we have a same style sheet for all the groups with some conditions in the style sheet) in this case what should I do?. Is there any alternate method to achieve this so that only particular team can manage there own to publish the PDF's ? either in topic or bookmap level any metadata settings or any other settings?

Thank you,

Regards,

Rajesh L

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot
(To:rl)

Hi Rajesh--

You might want to look into using DITAVAL files to handle conditional content. This gives you a little more flexibility in terms of having your teams develop their own profiles. Check the Help Center for information on using DITAVAL files.

--Clay

Top Tags