cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

I can't create a table in Arbor text Editor

ptc-3229263
1-Newbie

I can't create a table in Arbor text Editor

My table tab in my tool bar is clear. My tables in my document are shown in attribute format. I need to view in table format to do mass editing of tables with hundreds of rows. Do anyone know of a solution.

Daryl Taylor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Arbortext visual table editor is kind of finicky. I think there is documentation on it, but in the past the only way we have got it to work with custom doctypes is to make sure they are conforming to standard CALS. I'm not quite sure what triggers it, but if your table model starts to vary too much from CALS it will drop you back to tags and attributes mode.

Not sure if that helps or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The Arbortext visual table editor is kind of finicky. I think there is documentation on it, but in the past the only way we have got it to work with custom doctypes is to make sure they are conforming to standard CALS. I'm not quite sure what triggers it, but if your table model starts to vary too much from CALS it will drop you back to tags and attributes mode.

Not sure if that helps or not.

One can enter from the Arbortext Editor command line the command

_tbl_model_create(0,'oasis exchange',0)

and hit the Enter key to see what might be the difference in your table model definition and that of CALS/OASIS model definition

Tim Phelps

Top Tags