cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is it possible to turn of the display when running an IsoDraw Macro

byork
17-Peridot

Is it possible to turn of the display when running an IsoDraw Macro

I have a macro that selects all objects and at times can seem turn run slow when it is regenerating. Is it possible to turn of the display when running an IsoDraw Macro.

4 REPLIES 4

When I checked roughly two years ago the anwer was no. I hope you get a different answer now.

No, it is not possible to turn off display during macro execution.

You could try to do the following:

Move your macro code that selects all objects into a submacro and call that from your main macro.

In some cases this can reduce the number of redraws and may speed up your macro.

If it fits for your use case, you could also try to minimize the window before starting the macro or call the macro from the batch tool.

TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:bgraffmann)

Would it work having a bit in the macro that zooms the display into a very small part of the illustration so that when it does the redraws, it's only redrawing a tiny part of it and should speed up?

byork
17-Peridot
(To:TimSharp)

I have tried both to separate the macro into a submacro and the zoom technique with mixed results. I will have to see if I can fine tune farther. Thansk for the help.

Top Tags